I am a sucker for a good night time routine, because its so soothing for the soul and encourages a good night’s rest. Not that I can ever find the time but when I do, I like to indulge in a proper lush night time routine with all the bells and whistles on.
Run a warm bath with the most divine smelling bubble bath, night time is all about the scents and rejuvenating the senses, and this is when those beauty gifts with purchase come in handy because it is filled with the typical scented goodies, otherwise products from the Sanctuary are worthy of the investment. Fire up your iPad for a short movie, put some jazz on in the background, glass of wine, champagne, or whatever you fancy. Get some eucalyptus and hang on along your shower rod and watch the steam help the scent along, transforming your bath into a spa. However long you want to stay is up to you, but this is your time so take as long as you want.
Post bath the luxury continues with some proper good, all over skin care, from the face down to the feet.
- Dr Sturm, powder face wash for dark skin tones is a must for me
- Clarins Recharge night time face mask
- Neutrogena hydro boost mask
- Brazilian bum-bum cream; I can only stand this at night because of the scent, I find it too overpowering
- The Ordinary buffet serum is all kinds of magic
- Liz Earle cleanse and polish a super hero.
- Anything by Mario Badescu
- Burt’s bees foot scrub, Rose and Peppermint is the grandest!
- Candles… candles. that is all, this one is from Panier des sens
- Bath crystals
Throw together whatever you have in your arsenal, and luxuriate in it, spoil yourself a treat because we have earned it. It’s the little luxuries and indulgent fancies and never feel the need to apologise for a moment of indulgence because as I say no year have we earned it more than this year… pandemic and all. So have a jolly grand time of it.